The leading independent professional distribution network for the Building and Industry sectors in France.
Founded more than 70 years ago, SOCODA has built an agile and reactive structure that provides 200 Members, independent entrepreneurs, with the means to cope with changes in professional trading.
- 9,200 employees
- €3 billion turnover
- + more than 1,000 supplier partners
- 200 independent members
- 440,000 business customers
- + more than 900 points of sale
SOCODA's request was met by PIMALION on 3 essential expectations in terms of Sourcing.
Find out more about them below:
1/ PIMALION, thanks to its algorithms, AI and 'machine learning' modules, helps the Group to:
- Collect the product data via supplier Excel files and overload this information with web scraping (extraction of product data from suppliers' websites)
- Natively import and export the FAB-DIS and ETIM format
- Ensure an enrichment objective of some 6 million references in the long term
2/ PIMALION formats the product data:
- Semi-automatic creation of some 1,400 data models at the level of the sub-families of the classification of the SOCODA product database
- Attachment of products to data models
- Standardisation of product attributes and key values
- Automatic association to articles with the most qualitative visuals
- Classification validation and improvement
- Help in attaching items to the corresponding classification level
3/ PIMALION provides:
- Recurrent updating of data
- Anomaly detection and automated data quality control
- Automatic exports to the Members' e-commerce systems (CMS)
- Hosting and maintenance of information linked to the SOCODA intranet
Result: the platform currently hosts more than 1.5 million product references across 7 families of products thanks to PIMALION!
SOCODA intends to move quickly into the supply and development phase with PIMALION Publishing for its catalogues and promotional activity.
The Sourcing/Publishing already enables the PIMALION Publishing platform to be supplied and updated in real time.