API (Application Program Interface)
Pimalion wants its users to use the full potential of its applications as much as possible. This is the main reason for the provision of its API.
API is an application programming interface (Programming interface Application) which allows you to describe, produce, consume and view web services.
The Pimalion solution uses is based on the Swagger tool to facilitate documentation and communication between the various developers working on a project.
The objectives of the Swagger API in the Pimalion solution are multiple.
- First of all, it makes it easy to document the various APIs developed as part of the project and its many functions. Indeed, Swagger provides a graphical interface which makes it possible to visualize the different resources exposed by the API, as well as the parameters necessary to interact with these resources.
- In addition, Swagger facilitates communication between the various developers working on the project. Indeed, thanks to its clear and precise documentation, it is easier for developers to understand how to use the API and to interact with the various exposed resources.
- finally, the use of the Swagger API in the Pimalion solution also improves the quality of the developed code. Indeed, by providing clear and precise documentation, it is easier for developers to understand the specifications of the API and to avoid development errors.
In summary, the objectives of the Swagger API in the Pimalion solution are to facilitate documentation and communication between the various developers collaborating on the Plateform, as well as to improve the quality of the developed code.
The Pimalion API module
The Swagger API, used by Pimalion, is an open-source specification for the documentation of the Restful APIs.
It makes it possible to describe the features of the API, such as the "endpoints" available, the input and output parameters, the possible HTTP codes and the examples of possible calls and responses.
It also allows automatic generation of customer code and server in different programming languages.
For the Pimalion solution, the principles of the Swagger API are applied to document the different features offered by the platform.
This includes user management, creation and project management, data analysis and results visualization.
The key principles of the Swagger API for the Pimalion solution include:
- The full description of each endpoint available, including input and output parameters, possible HTTP codes and examples of requests and responses.
- The use of JSON diagrams to describe the types of data used in the API.
- Integration with third -party tools such as Swagger UI to facilitate visualization and understanding of the API.